Sat, Jan 27|
The Meeting House
January 2024: Central Maryland - First Time/New Notary Applicant - Intro to Notary Practice
This class is designed for both new or first-time notary applicants and renewal candidates. This class offers hands-on learning and a comprehensive coverage of the essential rules, regulations, and best practices for conducting notarizations in Maryland.
Time & Location
Jan 27, 2024, 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Meeting House, 5885 Robert Oliver Pl, Columbia, MD 21045, USA
About the event
Welcome to Maryland's Premier Notary Training Course!
With Notary Training Network, you can look forward to a comprehensive and hands-on learning journey that goes beyond the basics. To ensure a straightforward registration process, we ask that you register using the name that will appear on your notary commission.
** Payment plan option available by request! **
Why Notary Training:
- Broaden your skill set and enhance your capabilities. - Make a meaningful difference by serving in your community. - Offer a valuable service to your clients, setting your business apart. - Invest in the professional development and continuing education of your notary staff. - Gain additional income by becoming a Mobile Notary.
- Learn essential practices to minimize the risk of liability from improper notarizations.
Who Should Attend:
This class is designed for individuals applying for a notary commission in Maryland for the FIRST time or those reapplying due to a lapse with an inactive commission. Renewal applicants who prefer a hands-on learning experience are also welcome to register!
Prior to Registering for This Class:
Ensure your ID has your current Maryland address if you're a state resident. Address issues may cause delays in processing the application for your notary commission.
Topics Covered Include:
- Maryland notary laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Maintaining accurate records in your notary journal.
- Learning how to calculate fees when providing and charging for notary services.
- Implementing industry best practices to become a knowledgeable notary for compliance and reduced liability.
- Engaging in practice notarizations for a thorough understanding of completing a notarial certificate.
- All materials are included with your registration cost.
- Remember to bring a device (cellphone, laptop, or tablet) for your end-of-class exam.
- Ensure you have the contact information for your THREE REFERENCES ready to complete your notary commission application (this will be an additional separate fee paid directly to the Secretary of State, on their website) during the class after passing your exam.
- This class is not designed for pre-licensing to become a title insurance producer. - Interested in starting a mobile notary business? Check out our self-study course. - Class sessions can be arrange on-site for 10 or more notaries at your location if you have a training space available.
- After class, feel free to reach out with any questions. We're here to support your continuous learning journey.
Benefits of Attending this Class:
- Discover strategies and tools to boost your workflow efficiency. - Learn techniques for simplifying and optimizing your notarization processes. - Acquire essential skills to minimize the risk of errors in your notary duties. - Stay updated on the latest regulations, ensuring full compliance in your notarial practices.
- No refunds, but your registration is transferable one time for another class with communication at least 24 hours before the class.
- In the event of inclement weather or if the instructor is ill, the class will be switched to a virtual session or rescheduled to an alternative date.
- If the class is canceled due to extreme weather or unforeseeable acts of God/nature, a refund will be provided if you are not able to attend the alternative date.
Maryland New/First Time Notary Commission Application:
Maryland Renewal Notary Commission Application:
**Important Information Needed to Submit your Notary Application to the Secretary of State - this is a Separate $11 Fee**
1. Information for three references (NOT family members and NOT your employer) who may be contacted to attest to your character. Information for each reference will include:
2. You will need a digital image of your driver’s license or valid government-issued ID to upload with this application.
3. You will need a change of address card if your license or government ID shows a different current address.
By the end of this 6 hour class, you'll not only have the confidence needed to complete your first notarization or refresh your understanding of proper notarization practices in the state of Maryland, but you'll also find that the experience is not as intimidating as it may seem!
If you have any questions prior to registering, please send us a message through the contact form!
I look forward to meeting you and guiding you through this learning journey!