Intro to Notary Practice -August
Time & Location
About the Event
A registration link will be provided by calendar invite in a separate email prior to the workshop. Please be sure to log in with the email used for registration or you may have issues viewing the material and getting access to the workshop. If you are not able to get in with the link, please call in and you can follow along on your own with the materials in the attachments.
This workshop is for individuals considering becoming a notary in Maryland, newly commissioned notaries looking for training, and current notaries looking for a refresher.
This workshop covers:
- Maryland notary laws and regulations
- Tools and resources to get started as a notary
- The process to becoming a TIPIC (Title Insurance Producer Independent Contractor)
- How to complete proper notarizations
- ID Verification for the signer
- Recordkeeping for documenting notarial acts
- Fees to charge for general notary work
- Practice Notarizations
- Best Practices to become a knowledgeable notary for compliance and reduced liability
This workshop will give you the confidence needed to conduct your first notarization or get started doing notarizations again if you're using it for work or looking to add an additional stream of income!
Looking forward to meeting you - Michol!